Wednesday, March 28, 2012

St. Augustine with kids ages 2 to 11

What would you suggest we should see. I have 5 kids: 2, 6, 8, 9, 11.

We are going to Disney and then coming to St. Augustine. We are staying at St. Augustina State Park. If it was just my husband and I we could handle all of the history. I think after a couple places the kids will have enough. I was thinking of going to The Fort, the Alligator Farm. Is Marieland worth the time? I would love to swim with the dolfines, but with 7 of us that would be very expensive.

Lynn

St. Augustine with kids ages 2 to 11

Unless they have really done a lot of work to Marineland don%26#39;t waste your money. They have really let that place go. I felt sorry for what animals %26amp; fish that were left there. I used to take my kids there when it was a good park. Now they have closed 1/2 of it down and the huge tank with all the fish was dirty. I don%26#39;t even know if they have swim with the dolphins.

St. Augustine with kids ages 2 to 11

Marine Land has been under new ownership for some time now. The entire project is being rebuilt area by area and it is CLEAN and lovely with a great volunteer following who are educated and very helpful. The dolphin tanks are open and you can swim with the dolphins by reservation although it is not inepensive--check out the website. Marine Land is more of a learning opportunity than a tourist attraction like SeaWorld. And, it is very inexpensive to see. It is not more than a couple of hours stay--but the trip from St. Augustine is minimal and a beautiful drive. Kids will love the Alligator Farm, Anastasia State Park(Kayaking, crab watching, hiking) the Fort and the entire walk thru St george St. Potters and Ripleys are great for kids, too.


I echo the recommendation for ';Ripley%26#39;s believe it or Not'; for kids.

I took my 2 kids there (ages 12 and 7) there last spring and they want to go back. It gets real kid friendly at the end of the 3 story self guided tour. Stop at the welcome center in town first to get coupon books and stuff.

We may check out Marineland when we%26#39;re down there next month too. It use to be a real cute place and I%26#39;d like to see how it%26#39;s coming along.

Also the Scenic Cruise is a fun thing to do. Go to their website and print off a couple of coupons. They come in handy!!!!

Have a great time!!

  • transfer file
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment