Friday, March 30, 2012

where to go

I thought i was set on picking venice to be our vacation spot, but after read about red tide I unsure. Somepeople say one thing, some say another. I haven%26#39;t dismissed the gulf coast yet, but i%26#39;m not looking into oother areas. Any other info on red tide and what i can expect it to be like in May in Venice area would be great.



here%26#39;s what i%26#39;m looking for, where i%26#39;ve been, liked; dislike ect.... any input be helpful.



small and quiet towns on beach! we are traveling with 3 year old. we%26#39;re a ';up early, in bed early'; kind of family. I don%26#39;t need or want fast food, walmart, theme parks. Nature parks, hiking trails, natural beaches are all plus. The town of Venice looked great to me.



I liked st. augustine: however there wasn%26#39;t great sand beach that I%26#39;m hoping for. Jacksonville was nice, but way out of my price range. Florida Keys too far, not enough beach. I need town big enough to have rentals other than hotel. I want rental with kitchen so we don%26#39;t have to eat out.



My husband thought coco beach, but he is remembering what it was like 10+ years ago.



I would like to be under two hours from airport.



help, really hitting wall on where to even start looking. hoping to travel last week april/ first week of may.



rebecca





where to go


This was done for Sanibel but is pertinent to any area along the Gulf.





tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34616-c22818/Sanibel鈥?/a>





Just ignore the red drift algae as it isn%26#39;t the issue that red tide is up around Venice.



where to go


On the east coast try Melbourne or Vero Beach. Melbourne is like what cocoa was 10 years ago. Both are small towns. Melbourne has a great zoo. If you don%26#39;t mind the size of the town of Jacksonville or St. Augustine you probably wouldn%26#39;t mind Cocoa Beach. Just has more hotels and hi-rises than it used to have.



Of course west coast beaches have softer sand and more seashells.

No comments:

Post a Comment