Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Average queue times

I know this will be a hard question to answer given the varied types and popularity of rides etc





I%26#39;m nest going to Florida in Early July this year. In previous years I%26#39;ve always gone in May and the queue times then were on average about 30 minutes (longest wait was about 1.5 hours for Spiderman).





Can anyone who%26#39;d been in July give me an idea of what kind of queue times to expect. As we%26#39;re flying out on the 7th it is before British summer holidays start





Thanks all in advance





*love*





Miss Kitty V xx



Average queue times


We were there the first week in July last year and managed to see/ride everything we wanted to. Consult the best days calendar and utilize a touring plan. Most importantly, arrive EARLY, as in when they drop the ropes. One morning (I believe July 3rd) we rode eveything we wanted to in the Mk (some 2x) before 10:30am.



Average queue times


Thanks Coachbill.





Where can I find this ';best days calendar'; you speak of? x




The ';best days'; calendar can only be accessed if you have one of the ';official'; Disney guidebooks.





However, I can guarantee you that the crowds in early July will be double what you%26#39;re used to in May. Average wait times for early July are at least 60 to 90 minutes, especially for the more popular rides. The heat will be very oppressive too; much more so than in May, and it will likely rain every day and be very, very humid.





Also, early July is a holiday period in the U.S. (4th of July Independence Day specifically and the days surround it), so consider it a holiday period where visitation is third largest of the year.





If you can change you plans back to May, I%26#39;d definitely recommend doing so.




Thanks for your help Kat once again, you little fountain of knowledge you!





Unfortunately we can%26#39;t make May this year. My boy has just started up a Wedding Phography business and has wedding booked then. :(





I tell you the heat is something I%26#39;m NOT looking forward too. I%26#39;m your typical fair skinned, burn easily English rose. I%26#39;ll live off of those spray bottles with fans attached! x




I%26#39;ve been mid June, late August, mid September, mid October and mid January. Of all those times I think I preferred September and October (with October being the more bearable in terms of climate but September being a little quieter, but hotter.)





I%26#39;d probably skip June, July or August from now on due to the heat partially, but more to do with the crowds which can have a more negative impact on your enjoyment.





However, I%26#39;m aware we often have to go ';when we can go'; so I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll have a great time regardless. Frankly, I think we British secretly rather enjoy the heat. Even though we%26#39;ll moan about it...




True true





And Chinners - We British love nothing more than to queue!




Just to let you know out school summer holidays start on 29 June so not all of Britain goes on holiday the same time as you.




We were at Disney in mid July of 2006 and it wasn%26#39;t nearly as bad as what we thought it was going to be.





My best advice would be to get to the parks as early as possible and if you really want to make the most of your time use a touring plan. I know some people don%26#39;t like the ';militant'; feeling of a plan, but it really does help cut down on the time you spend waiting in line.





We used the plans at touringplans.com for the MK and never waited in line more than 30 minutes. They have many different plans to accomodate different groups of people. They also have the best days calendar that was mentioned above.




Last year I was in orlando from july 5th to july 20th. Weather I found ok....with the aid of the sray bottle thingy!!! and queues were no where near as bad as i expected.





I would definately utilise fast pass in disney and try to head to universal on one of the rainy days, the park always seemed much quieter, which i found surprising as most rodes are indoors.





Im heading to orlando around the same time this year and really looking forward, sometimes i felt i was going to melt, but after a sit down and cool drink, i was raring to go again


  • makeup hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment