Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shopping

Hi,

With all the fantastic shops and malls (or they are, according to my wife description), what exactly is a FLEA market, and why are they called flea markets?

It sounds as though if you buy anything from there, you%26#39;ll have this horrible itch and come out with blistering/festering boils all over your skin.....

Shopping

A flea market is supposed to have items at bargain prices better than at an outlet mall. But as with all shopping you have to know your prices. I don%26#39;t know the origin of the term, but I%26#39;m sure if you consult with your Google Gods there might be an answer.

They are also usually only open on weekends - though not all. The overhead for the vendors is low since their ';stall'; is usually temporary.

Surely you have flea markets in England?

Shopping

I always thought a flea market was like a travelling market or car boot......


I wouldn%26#39;t be surprised if that is how it started - selling directly from the boot (trunk) of your car. Everyone would gather at a suitable spot and begin selling from their cars/trucks. In fact at some flea markets, directly behind the vendor%26#39;s stall you might find their van parked.

But nowadays, most of the locations are fixed with solid structures, some even are air-conditioned.

You should visit one if you%26#39;ve never been ... and you can leave the flea spray at home. LOL.


there is one opposite walmart, not sure what days its open


Wet Sunday lunchtime - where shall we go?

I know lets try the flea market.

Two hours of trying to find a bargain. Well, I did get some golf balls and some sports sox but I might have done as well at Reebok.

It was fun sort of but I did not get the bargains I was looking for.

Worth the visit but modify expectations.

I must warn you that I am being at my most positive at the moment.


We were disappointed. We were unable to find any fleas but did get some decent travelling cases to stash all our ill-gotten gains in. Worth an hour, if you have an hour to spare.

However, it%26#39;s mainly tat; but better value tat than you%26#39;ll find on most of the shops on I Drive.


Good one Chin LOL


Flea markets used to be people selling used stuff. Sort of like a big organized garage sale. Sellers would back their car up to a spot, usually in a big field or parking lot, set up a table and hang out while people walk along looking. Now it seems the flea markets are not outside so much, they usually are still dirt floors from what I%26#39;ve seen but they have roofs overhead and possibly air conditioning. And there is more new stuff for sale these days and not just peoples old leftovers.

They tend to get crowded and I%26#39;m always afraid my kids will get lost or bopped in the head by someone%26#39;s purse so I tend to avoid them. There is supposed to be a big flea market in Daytona that some people really love.

  • what is web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment