Wednesday, March 28, 2012

weahter this weekend

hi. can any locals tell me what the weather will be like this weekend? i%26#39;ve been looking on weather.com and it seems to be changing every 12 hours.



weahter this weekend


I%26#39;m showing cloudy with some rain possible and high temps around 70 (about 20/21 Celcius) both days.



weahter this weekend


I can pretty much guarantee that there will be no hurricanes this weekend. Although you never really know, do you? After all, we did have snow in November.





www.local6.com has 72/55 Saturday, then 72/55 Sunday, then 62/38 Monday. I guess we%26#39;re making up for all the warm weather we had earlier. We%26#39;ll see what the forecast is 12 hours from now. Monday is about 10 degrees cooler (high) than when I checked a couple of days ago.





Well, I guess Walt could%26#39;ve picked Frostproof, FL for Disney. But he didn%26#39;t.




Hey Eddie,





Someone asked this on another thread and I%26#39;ve been trying to find out, but can%26#39;t seem to find it on the internet.





Does El Nino have an effect on the hurricane season and is it a good effect or bad? I simply can%26#39;t remember back to 1998 when we had the last big El Nino.




If El Nino happened during the main part of hurricane season, it would in all probability have an effect. I%26#39;ve heard talk that the reason the hurricane season was so light this year was because of El Nino, but I did not hear of El Nino being around until October, though it might have had an effect then. But I don%26#39;t know for sure whether it did make a difference. I think this is a very simplified version, but El Nino tends to reverse US weather patterns, though not temperatures in an ultimate sense, though in a more immediate sense (I%26#39;ve never heard of El Nino bringing snow to the US in July, at any rate). If El Nino is around this summer, I would expect it to be a light hurricane season, but I don%26#39;t think they%26#39;re predicting it to be around then.





I don%26#39;t remember the 1998 hurricane season being heavy, but there was a hurricane which went somewhere near the Keys in September, and brought some weather Orlando way.





As the winter is normally dryer here, and its been wetter here, that seems to be typically El Nino. The worrysome thing for Central Florida is that when we had El Nino, we had the very wet winter, then March to May was very dry. Because the wetter winter had caused more underbrush to grow in the forests, it became more of a fire hazard. And, in early June, that%26#39;s when we (well, particularly Flagler and Volusia counties) had those really bad brush fires which some thuderstorm lightning set off, and were on the national news for a week or so.




By ';simplified version';, I meant simplified explanation of what El Nino does.




The fires I referred to were in June 1998. The winter of 1997-98 was affected by El Nino, though I don%26#39;t know exactly when it started and when it ended.




Oh yes, I remember those fires of %26#39;98 very well.





The July Daytona race had to be postponed until October that year....when we were staying there!!! Yikes, hope that never happens again as the traffic and crowds in town were terrible.





Hope those fires don%26#39;t happen again this year. I%26#39;ll bet the wet winter weather will bring mosquito season on quicker this year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment