Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Waiting In Line with Kids

We are going to WDW in late June so we expect to have line ups for the rides.



We were thinking of having one adult wait in the line and the other take 2 very acitve boys nearby but in a location that they can move around.



It is possible, at least for part of the wait?





I already have my response to the person who complains that they are jumping the line, so that is not a worry.



Waiting In Line with Kids


If you go on rides like Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mountain you need to stay in line.





Moreover, it will be hot and humid and people tend not to appreciate others who all of a sudden appear from the sidelines to join back in the queue.





In the long lead up to some of the rides you will also have to walk between barriers etc, so you will need to stay in line.





My advice, therefore, is to take full advantage of the FastPass option which should help reduce the time you spend queing up for rides, though even in some cases you may still have to wait a good 30 minutes to get on a ride at peak times



Waiting In Line with Kids


.






I have not seen good reactions by others when someone does this. If everyone did this the lines would be very deceiving. The lines are usually roped off in some fasion so it is very inconvenient to others in line when additional members of parties are joining.




I don%26#39;t not appreciate comments like that.





They are ADHD, and as a person waiting in line, I would prefer to have a quite wait, and not have to deal with other peoples kids moving around all time time. Or have to listen to me constantly trying to entertain them or keeping them from bothering other guests.



I cannot go at a different time due to school and work schedules.





To the others who gave constructive comments, thanks.



(I have already read the allears site info on ADHD)




As a mom of an ADHD son I know how you feel. My son usually bothers me more than others. I think we are just hypersensitive to it and worry about our kids getting on others nerves. There will be tons of kids in line and most are excited so yours won%26#39;t be that much different. Use the fast pass as much as possible. If you can get to a park when it opens, head to the far side first and work your way back to the front. Most people will get in the first line they see. Have fun!




One of my kids is ADHD also and what I have done when we go to the park is first thing in the morning is to let him drink some coffee (approx 1 cup) mixed in his milk. I know it sounds crazy but my mother did this with my sister also for ADHD and it works. But they have to have that first thing in the morning before any food. The coffee seems to calm then down when done like this. It works better without the milk but black coffee taste bad for a kid. Then when going to the park make sure you bring the game boy and a small dvd player or ipod with movies on it with headphones. Works out great.




Wiseoldman, that was just plain rude. Good luck neilalex. I%26#39;ll be there in June too!




If you take a doctors note to Guest Services,they will give you a card that will allow you to wait in a quieter area than the normal line-it doesn%26#39;t allow you to jump the line,just removes ADHD kids from the overstimulation. If you try to do what you are suggesting in the regular line,you will definitely have problems with other people regardless of how legitimate your explanation is. You simply can%26#39;t have one person hold everyone else%26#39;s place,it isn%26#39;t fair and it isn%26#39;t allowed.




disfann.., great suggestion, thanks very much.



No comments:

Post a Comment