Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Orlando and Ruskin with 5 kids

We are trying to plan a trip to Florida sometime this year with our 5 kids .Their ages are 21, 18,14,5, and 3. Funds are very limited, so we have to time our trip according to how prices for lodging and airfare are running.

I was thinking of flying into Orlando, staying a few days, then heading to Ruskin (my dad has a place on the Little Manatee River) for a couple of days before flying back to Chicago (from Tampa). Does this sound feasable? About how long of a drive is it from Orlando to Ruskin.

I%26#39;m overwhelmed by all the choices in the Orlando area, especially with the age range of my kids. I do know that I want to spend one day at Magic Kingdom. I also promised the little ones one night at Nick Hotel. After that, I%26#39;m lost. Other than one of my daughters thinking hammerhead sharks are really cool, the older kids would be more interested in shopping, music, games, places with other kids their ages.

I also wonder if there will be anything for the older kids to do while in Ruskin?

Sorry for such a long, complicated question!

Orlando and Ruskin with 5 kids

I would say try either Seaworld or Universal /Islands of Adventure with your older kids. THey will like Magic Kingdom too but might also enjoy Universal/Islands or Seaworld more because of their ages. THey might enjoy downtown disney and pleasure island too.

Orlando and Ruskin with 5 kids

as far as i know,not much to do in ruskin....prolly take you about 1 1/2 hours to get there from disney area


Thanks guys.

I%26#39;ve been considering just sticking to the Orlando area for this trip and hitting Ruskin at a later date without the kids.


ruskin is closer to tampa and the gulf coast beaches....plenty to do over there.... so that may be an option

  • dwight howard advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment