Friday, March 30, 2012

fort myers airport to Captiva

I know it%26#39;s about 40 miles from the airport but how long does it usually take with the traffic and all thru Sanibel- on an average day- we arrive 2:15 on a Sunday so around 3ish or so- Thanks



fort myers airport to Captiva


Well, on a Sunday the construction will be quiet at least. I find it takes me about 50 minutes to Captiva Village. Sometimes a shade longer. The speed limit on Captiva has been lowered to some strange thing - 19 MPH I think along Captiva Drive. The folks who work on Captiva go a little impatient along there and San-Cap Rd but I try very hard to not speed. Sanibel often has speed traps along San-Cap.





Suggestion - depending on your food and drink needs, stop either on island at Jerry%26#39;s [on Periwinkle Way at Casa Ybel] or Bailey%26#39;s [on Tarpon Bay Rd at Periwinkle] to stock up. If you have specialty needs stop off island at the Publix just before the causeway on the left. I have never stopped here so I really don%26#39;t know it. Just don%26#39;t buy frozen stuff like ice cream there. The WalMart is much further back on just before the Rt 41 intersection I think. Also off to the left. I%26#39;ve been in that store a few times and I guess it pays if you have kids. Both Bailey%26#39;s and Jerry do provisioning - you give them a list of what you want and they will have it delivered to you condo. I don%26#39;t know if that includes SSR units since it is now a closed site.





I suggest you drink bottled water and use it to make tea and coffee. Water has a funny taste.



fort myers airport to Captiva


Sorry, that should have read 60 minutes. A lot of lights along the roads coming into Sanibel and in season there%26#39;s a ton of traffic.





Mapquest will route you the same way I drive it - or just follow the brown and white signs to the beaches. Left turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment