Friday, March 30, 2012

1 Day in Miami pre-cruise with Kids

Hi, we are arriving in Miami at 830AM Sunday and our cruise leaves late Monday afternoon so I need a hotel for 1 day.

I see lots of recommendations for the Holiday Inn being a great pre-cruise hotel but it seems to be downtown. I would rather stay where we could walk to the beach and then taxi to the port the next day. Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

1 Day in Miami pre-cruise with Kids

Downtown Miami is not a pedestrian-friendly area. I would suggest staying in a hotel on South Beach to enjoy the interesting art-deco architecture, many shops, restaurants and the beach -- all within walking distance. It is not a long taxi ride from there to the Port of Miami, and it is a scenic ride over the intracoastal waterway with a view of exclusive islands and beautiful homes.

1 Day in Miami pre-cruise with Kids

I agree stay some where on South Beach. Go to the Miami Beach forums and I am sure AdvisorGirl has hotel suggestions post some where on there.


Sun%26gt;

Definitely spend Sunday and Monday on South Beach.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34439-Miami_Beach_Fl鈥?/a>

This link provides quick reviews from REAL guests to give you an idea of likes/ dislikes. The pricing varies all year long so check the particular time of your visit to see what suits your budget.

Try to stay within 100 thru 2100 blocks for best access to all the cafes, shopping and sights...

AG


ACK never mind, I screwed up! I do not watch football, LOL. So I gave up on coming in the 4th since there are no hotels to be found for less than a grand. New problem: getting in around 830AM and have to kill time before getting on the cruise ship. I would like to go buy diapers, etc.. instead of pack them. Any suggestions for grocery/target type store and restaurant somewhere between airport and cruise port?

  • Parameter.Add()
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment