Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lesters Diner, near FLL , is there bus service to it?

I read the reviews, here, for Lesters Diner %26amp; it sounds like a very

good place. Is there bus service to the Lesters, from FLL late in the evening, say 10 or 11pm? I hope bus service is still available to midnight or so?

thanks

Lesters Diner, near FLL , is there bus service to it?

I%26#39;m guessing there likely is- a bit spooky but probably- you would need one going west on SW 24 St.- but where would you be trying to get there from?

Great place! Just a bit too classy to make the dive list on the other thread today, I think ! There is also an amazing Salvadorian restaurant in an old gas station right across the street- open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but probably not late at night( EL Tamarindo)

I%26#39;ll see what the BCT ( Broward County Transit) website seems to say, but that is a main thoroughfare- probably some strange characters in transit in that situation, just so you know!

Lesters Diner, near FLL , is there bus service to it?

I%26#39;d be going to FLL about 10pm to wait for a 5am departure the

next morning. I thought nice if could go somewhere to eat, since

the restaurants at the aiport are closed by then. So I%26#39;d need a

bus to the restaurant, from FLL. Depending on how late the buses run, I%26#39;d probably need to take a cab back.

What should I expect to pay for a cab, for that distance?

thanks


WEell, I can tell you that a BCT Bus ( Route 1) goes through the airport ( circling around on the lower level - baggage claim) every half hour, then exits FLL and heads north on US 1. It would pass the cross street on which Lester%26#39;s is found SW 24 St ( AKA Rt. 84). I can%26#39;t seem to figure out if there is a bus that goes across Rt. 84 that you could tranfer to, or whether you would have to walk a few blocks ( not sure I%26#39;d do that at that hour), but I%26#39;ll keep looking. What about luggage?-theer are no luggage lockers at FLL- there is a luggage checking service ($5 /bag I%26#39;m told) but I don%26#39;t think it is open at all for the hours you are there... sounds like there needs to be a little work on this plan. I think Lesters is only a couple of blocks west on SW 24 , but I think I need to check the exact distance out, in case I%26#39;m not being accurate.

I%26#39;m guessing a taxi is likely not more than $15 in each direction- it shouldn%26#39;t even be that much, but I understand theer is a $10 minimum for any pickup that originates at the Port or the Airport. I usually do see a taxi or two parked at Lester%26#39;s , but I%26#39;m usually not theer at that hour. I%26#39;m sure they would summon one if needed.

Let me see if I can get good info on the route and maybe find a bus that goes right by there- when are you traveling? It%26#39;s not as excitiing, but there is a Denny%26#39;s just a bit north of there that should be directly on the route - at SW 17th St...


Thanks for all the info %26amp; any more you can get. What link are you checking for the bus routes in that area? Denny%26#39;s is OK, especially since it%26#39;s right on the bus line, %26amp; I wouldn%26#39;t have to walk on unfamiliar streets. Dennys didn%26#39;t show up when I did a search for restaurants near FLL, on maps.google. I%26#39;ll only have a small airline carry on bag, so that shouldn%26#39;t cause any problems.


www.broward.org/bct

Maybe I%26#39;m daft, but it%26#39;s not very ';user friendly'; - at least not for this user!

Denny%26#39;s is at 1661 S. Federal Highway - the northwest corner of Federal and 17th St.


I%26#39;ve got to agree with you about, this site isn%26#39;t that user friendly. I noticed the trip planner tab %26amp; clicked on it. Then I selected Aventura Mall to FLL at 9pm, on a week day. It said there isn%26#39;t any connection available at that time. Am I doing something wrong? I figured my last stop before going to the airport, would be the mall.

thanks again


I just realized you can have to use a current date, and not 2 month away. The last bus from the mall to FLL is 11pm.

Maybe that should be the place to eat, before heading to FLL.


I%26#39;m just guessing, but Aventura Mall is actually in Miami-Dade County and while there are bus connections between the two counties, they are probably not as good as within the county ( we are Broward County.) Unfortunately, we higher income locals probably don%26#39;t use the bus system all that much, so it%26#39;s hard to know much about it.. Is there a toll free number where you can speak to a live person?

I do have to say the times are not all that dependable- there is a bus stop right outside my window, and I frequently see two buses pulling up one behind the other- making me guess the first one is running very late, as I think ther is only one bus line for our street.

What day of the week is this for- if it%26#39;s aSunday , I imagine the Mall shops close early- probably 6 PM- that may be the reason- if it%26#39;s a Saturday, my explanation won%26#39;t fly!

Are you coming in to Port of Miami- and is that how the Aventura connection got in the picture? Folks don%26#39;t realize how complicated connections can be when they see an airfare ';bargain '; from the various airports. If you are a cruise customer, you might try posting on www.cruisecritic.com to see if someone can suggest a ';shared ride '; van from the Port to the Airport. They have them from FLL to MIA I know, but don%26#39;t know about from the Port.

You have probably posted the details of your situation before- but I can%26#39;t recall them- maybe if I hear all your parameters, I can advise better.


Maybe a stretch- but see if theer is a bus from Aventura to Miami Airport MIA) and then if the light rail TriRail ( www.trirail.com) runs any later between the Miami and FLL airports.

Situation may be though, that since there are no flights leaving very late from FLL no one needs bus or Tri Rail there late at night.


I%26#39;ll check that out. Thanks for all your help. Now I%26#39;ll keep my fingers crossed there%26#39;s nice weather on Feb 2nd %26amp; 3rd.

  • find horses for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment