Friday, March 30, 2012

Any feedback on ';Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa';

Has anyone stayed here? I am looking at booking it for a trip in May of this year?





Thank you!





Any feedback on ';Westgate Lakes Resort %26amp; Spa';


Alot of what I have seen is pretty negative. Go to the TA reviews and see for yourself before you reserve, and be aware the will give you a very hard sell for buying a timeshare.



Any feedback on ';Westgate Lakes Resort %26amp; Spa';


Hi, I own at Westlake Lakes Resort and have done a lot of moaning about it on these forums. However, my major complaints have been about the hard sell of the reps there (even after you have bought, when you go to use the timeshare they invite you to attend a %26#39;maintenance report%26#39; meeting which is an excuse to sell you more weeks) and the economics of owing timeshare in general.





So here are the good and bad points of staying at Westgate:





Good points:



I can only speak for the unit we have stayed in which is in 2400 building and overlooks the lake directly, but it is in reasonably good condition, lovely view (you can see the Epcot fireworks from the balcony), spacious accommodation. On arrival you follow a rep in a golf buggy to the unit so you can%26#39;t get lost. The resort is very convenient for Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Disney and Universal.



It is situated on a quiet road (runs alongside the I4) and is good for quick trips up to Publix (out of the resort, turn left and left again at Sandlake and it is just a little way up the road on the left).





Bad points:



Try not to attend the sales presentations but if you do do, do not buy. Be aware that the reps are very persistent and very good at their jobs. If you like the resort buy a cheap resale.



If you prefer wood furniture and fabric sofas, you may not like the units. They all have leather sofas and the furniture is, to be honest, a bit %26#39;plasticy%26#39;. Some of the corners get a bit tatty. Other than that, they are ok really. The balconies are a good point - spacious and with comfortable patio furniture.





I am happy to try and answer any other questions you may have.




I have stayed there twice. Once, when my kids were toddlers and, recently with middle-schoolers. It is not a fancy resort. It IS good place for families. There%26#39;s much to be said (financially) about having the ability to throw together some sandwiches or a bowl of cereal. It is also a nice way to spend time together, casually, and not have to worry about enforcing etiquette or waiting for a table. In fact, my best memory of my 2006 trip was enjoying wine %26amp; munchies (from Publix) with my hubby. We were sitting on our little patio, listening to jazz. Our kids were within eyesight at the pool. They got their space %26amp; had fun; so did we.



As for the salespeople, a ';no thanks'; works. If you have no interest: DO NOT ATTEND. One woman I met last year said that she tells the reps, ';Oh, I have bad credit';! That cracked me up.



Westgate Lakes is close to the parks %26amp; you can park your rental car in front of your unit.




This resort was on my starter list when I started looking for a place to stay. After reading negative reviews on this site, I crossed it off.



I would suggest reading all the reviews here, and make a decision. I decided to go with the Floridays resort instead. Good luck!




Every place you go you%26#39;ll have problems cause everyone is different so what you expect someone else might say something about that it all depends on the person cause you can%26#39;t please everyone all they can do is try there best you have to make that judgement for yourself go or don%26#39;t go I%26#39;ve stayed and didn%26#39;t have any problems because I%26#39;m not looking for any alot of times when you look for something that%26#39;s whenn you%26#39;ll find a bunch of stuff my opionion I had no problems you have to make that desicion for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment