Saturday, April 21, 2012

Online travel agent or book Disney direct?

Booking our trip to Disneyworld and Disney cruise online, and need advice about either booking directly at Disney%26#39;s website or using an authorized Disney travel agent, ie Small World Vacations (anyone ever use them?)? Any advantages to booking directly with Disney?





Is it true that it%26#39;s cheaper with travel agencies than booking directly? Any reputable travel agent websites that I should chk out for Disney trips? Also in case of cancellations or changes, is it easier with Disney or travel agents?





Need advice. Thanks in advance!



Online travel agent or book Disney direct?


Hello jelidonut,





I have never found better deals with travel agents when traveling to Disney. I%26#39;ve done comparison shopping a few times and have given up trying to find a better deal with them so I simply use my AAA card and book directly with Disney. Along with this forum you can find all you need to know about planning and booking a Disney vacation at www.allearsnet.com



Online travel agent or book Disney direct?


I haven%26#39;t found any better deals on packages by going through a travel agent. Some discounts are only available when you book w/ Disney or an authorized agent. When are you going? I%26#39;ll include a Season of Dreams discount code for Nov. %26amp; Dec. at the end of this post.





Small World vacations is recommended by Mousesavers.com and mousesavers is completely reputable.





travelocity %26amp; expedia sometimes have better deals on room only rates but be sure it is what you want because you won%26#39;t be able to cancel or change them.





Disney Special Dreams Offer



Discount code ZDN



Prices start at $369 per adult based on double occupancy at a select Disney value resort in standard room, for a 5-night/6-day package. Prices for the same package start at $217 per Junior (ages 10-17), $176 per child (ages 3-9) when they stay in a room with two adults.



The discount can be applied to a regular Magic Your Way vacation package or to a Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining for check-ins 11/1/06-12/23/06. 11/19/06-11/23/06 and 12/2/06-12/8/06 may be excluded from this offer. Some hotels may have limited or no availability for certain dates. You must book by 10/31/06. Requires a 3-night minimum stay. The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Tickets must be used within 14 days of first use unless you add the No Expiration option for an extra cost. No group rates or other discounts apply




Some people have had good luck with travel agents, some haven%26#39;t. Some of the ';authorized'; travel agents promise that they will look out for every single type of discount, and save you the most money possible. Some follow through, some don%26#39;t.





I book my own trips directly with Disney. I have an annual pass, I%26#39;m a Florida resident, and I belong to AAA, all of which at different times get me discounts on resorts. I prefer to book direct so if there is a problem, I can deal with it on property. I%26#39;m not trying to track down a third party and act as mediator while they work it out with Disney.





But that%26#39;s just my preference. A lot of people use travel agents and love the fact that they can leave the details and grunt work to someone else. All they basically have to do is show up. It also makes a difference if you want to get a package that includes airfare (since I live here, that%26#39;s never an issue for me).





If you decide to go with a travel agent, go with one that you can get some references on, either through the forum here, or through a friend or relative who%26#39;s used them. A vacation is too expensive to trust to a complete unknown.




In the past I spent countless hours shopping around for a better deal and never found anything that was any better than Disney directly so we always book through them. That way we know everything is done correctly. They are really great to work with and will help you figure everything out. You can book rooms, park tickets, dining, and air all in one place and be done with it!




Thanks to all the wonderful responses. I%26#39;ve done some research for better deals, but so far - with the help of all your advice - I think I%26#39;ll go with Disney. Really appreciate the discount code too, even though I%26#39;ll be going next spring. Can%26#39;t wait to take my kids to Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment