Saturday, April 21, 2012

Edgewater Hotel

Hi everyone, I %26#39;ve just began my search for a Naples hotel in March - I really like the looks of Edgewater; can anyone tell me if this resort is near the downtown area and restaurants. Also, we%26#39;re staying in Marco for 2 weeks prior to Naples in a rented home....how are the beaches in Marco? Any tips - it looks as though many of the beaches are private. Thank you all so much for your help!!



Edgewater Hotel


Hi Boatgal,





The Edgewater is about two miles from Fifth Avenue South which is the downtown area of Naples. So close enough.





I don%26#39;t go to Marco much but there is a public beach called Tiger Tail. Marco Island is still Colllier County (same county as Naples). If a beach is ';private'; it would only be that a hotel is based on it but you could still go on the that beach, you just couldn%26#39;t go through their property to access it I guess.





Enjoy your trip.



Edgewater Hotel


HI Boat Gal -



You will be able to access the Marco Beaches through Tigertail - the entrance to the beach is located at the intersection of Spinnaker Drive and Hernando Drive. There are showers, restrooms, a children%26#39;s play area, volleyball nets, a concession stand for food and beverages, and a rental stand for a variety of water sport toy, umbrellas and chairs.





There is also public access by walkway off Collier boulevard just north of Cape Marco with a parking lot across the street.




Thank you both very much for the advice, I%26#39;m sure I%26#39;ll have more questions as the trip approaches.



Thanks again!!



Katie




Glad I could help!

No comments:

Post a Comment