Monday, April 23, 2012

Sheraton Studio City Hotel - to stay or not to stay????

Hi there





We are looking at staying at the Sheraton Studio City Hotel. we are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 girls aged 8 and 10.





It seems to have reasonable write ups on this site, but as I%26#39;ve never been to Orlando, I have no idea whether it is a good hotel, close to restaurants etc?? All I know is that it is on I-Drive and that they provide free transport to Disney, Universal and Sea World.





Can anyone advise before I book it up.





Ta



Sheraton Studio City Hotel - to stay or not to stay????


I don%26#39;t know about that particular hotel, but I just wanted to say that if you are not going to stay on Disney property, I drive is an excellant choice. There are tons of restaurants all along that strip. There are also shops and several museum type attractions such as Ripley%26#39;s Believe it or not, Wonderworks and the Titanic experience. Wet and Wild is also located along I Drive. People are always out and about in this area.



Sheraton Studio City Hotel - to stay or not to stay????


This hotel is situated near the top end of I-Drive.



You will be at the point where things like restaurants etc. start to get a little thinner on the ground.



I think there is only an IHOP and Sweet Tomatoes within walking distance.



Around 1/4 of a mile south of you is,what most people would describe as the tackier part of I-Drive.Plenty of restaurants etc.,but a little %26#39;down-market%26#39;.



Around 1 mile south of you is the %26#39;middle portion%26#39; of I-Drive,where you%26#39;ll find plenty of better quality restaurants,shops and other attractions.



If you are driving,none of this will be a problem as it%26#39;s all within a short drive.



If not,you might want to consider using the I-Ride Trolley bus service which is both cheap and regular for getting up and down I-Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment