Saturday, April 21, 2012

Is anyone familiar with ToaToa restaurant in Sunrise

I had been looking and eating establishments near where I will be staying, the Ramada in Tamarac, in Nov. I came across the Chinese restaurant Toa Toa in Sunrise. The description said they had Dim Sum, something we don%26#39;t have in Jax. and always looking for good Dim Sum when I travel. So does anyone know it they do have dim sum, if it is any good and how is the rest of the food on the menu. Thanks



Is anyone familiar with ToaToa restaurant in Sunrise


I don%26#39;t know that restaurant at all, but most people seem to think that the most authentic Chinese restaurant in town is the Silver Pond in Lauderdale Lakes- where many Chinese families can be found dining. It is in the 4200 block of State Road 7 - which may put it just a few blocks south of your hotel, if you mean the Ramada Plaza at 5100 N. State Rd. 7. I hope that is not where you%26#39;re staying- because if it is it is not a very nice place and is mainly used by a terrible company that sells vacation ';packages'; which are generally pretty poor.





If that is what you%26#39;ve been roped into, the Silver Pond could be the only bright spot of your trip, I%26#39;m sorry to say. I think they have dim sum- but not sure when- so call before you go- their main specialty is seafood. It%26#39;s just a little strip mall place in a not great area ( your hotel is in a not great area about 15 miles from the beach and full of pawn shops and adult video stores.





I would urge you to read the TA reviews for the Ramada Plaza if your reservation there can be cancelled or changed. If it is with the package tour company , they may offer to ';upgrade'; you , but that usually means they will put you in an equally poor motel and just charge you a higher price.



Is anyone familiar with ToaToa restaurant in Sunrise








I did find several reviewws of Toa Toa - mostly positive- some concerns about cleanliness. It%26#39;s on Pine Island Rd. which would be west of the Ramada- Ramada is about 40th Ave., Toa a t about 88th Ave Here%26#39;s a link for the reviews you can copy/paste:





http://tinyurl.com/et9wb




Thanks Lulutoo for your input...I am very familiar with the Ramada, it is a dump... but we are getting an employee discount (from my wifes side) so it is too good of a deal. I will be in a seminar at Nova U. all day sat and sun and she will shop, so we wont be in the room, only to sleep. we alway look for interesting things to do and places to eat while we are in that part of Fla. Thank you again I will add the Silver Pond to my list of possibilities.


  • eyeliner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment