Monday, April 23, 2012

Motel near Archer Road to the East of 1-75

I am looking for a place to stay for 2 nights at the end of October. Nothing fancy. I will be traveling to Archer, Fl and back so the closer to Archer , Fl the better.



Motel near Archer Road to the East of 1-75


Hi Mickey,





I don%26#39;t know the City of Archer that well, but the closest two hotels to the most direct route to Archer (Archer Road or SR 24) are the following:





Holiday Inn Express



3905 SW 43RD STREET



GAINESVILLE, FL 32608



Hotel Reservations: 1-888-HOLIDAY (888-465-4329)





OR





Country Inn %26amp; Suites



4015 SW 43rd St



Gainesville, FL 32608



352-372-2440





I%26#39;ve had family stay in both hotels and I have not heard any major complaints about cleanliness. I would suggest if you have a connection or family in Archer, FL that you ask them about hotels there... although I don%26#39;t recall ever seeing any driving through on my way to Cedar Key.





Speaking of which, Cedar Key is another beautiful town to see if you%26#39;ve got the time and have never been here. If you go, have dinner at the Island Hotel %26amp; Restaurant of Cedar Key. Here%26#39;s their web site: www.islandhotel-cedarkey.com/main.html. You%26#39;ll need to make reservations and take a good bit of money, but believe me, if you like good food and good service, it%26#39;s worth it. My husband and I spent our anniversary there earlier this year. Check out their web site, it%26#39;s a great place to get away. :)





I hope this helps on your trip to Florida. It will be sunny when you get here in October, by the way. However, seeing as how the weather has been changing a lot lately, you may want to bring a couple of slacks/jeans and a jacket, just in case.





Regards,



G%26#39;ville Resident



Motel near Archer Road to the East of 1-75


Thank you for the information. I will check those two places out. I know there is a motel called the Deer Hammock Lodge in Archer but I can never reach them on the phone. Makes me wonder about the place.



I researched motels in the Gainesville area and was wondering if you know anything about these: Best Value Inn, Paramount Plaza (on a lake), or the Best Wester Gateway Grand.





Maybe I should just drive up to Gainesville and look around. But I might be tired after a two hour drive from Kissimmee.





Again thanks for the info.




%26lt;QUOTE%26gt;



Thank you for the information. I will check those two places out. I know there is a motel called the Deer Hammock Lodge in Archer but I can never reach them on the phone. Makes me wonder about the place.





I researched motels in the Gainesville area and was wondering if you know anything about these: Best Value Inn, Paramount Plaza (on a lake), or the Best Wester Gateway Grand.



Maybe I should just drive up to Gainesville and look around. But I might be tired after a two hour drive from Kissimmee.



Again thanks for the info. %26lt;/QUOTE%26gt;





Hi Mickey, no problem. I would say that the Deer Hammock Lodge is not ideal if you can never get anyone on the phone. However, it may depend on the time of day and the day you%26#39;re calling. Try (if you haven%26#39;t) calling in the morning of a weekday.





I%26#39;m not sure about Best Value Inn, however I%26#39;ve heard of and have been to both Paramount and Best Western Gateway Grand.





Paramount = yes it is on a lake, but it is off of Hwy 441 (aka: SW 13th Street in Gainesville) and quite a way off from where you%26#39;d want to be if you still want to stay close to Archer, FL. I%26#39;ve taken a few classes at this hotel and it seems fairly clean (although I never saw an actual room) and it has separate buildings that only your room card can open the door to (security measure).





Best Western Gateway Grand = Until recently, I had spent two Saturdays a month there attending a training class and the hotel itself is very clean, the staff is very pleasant, and the breakfast buffet is definitely enjoyable as well. They also have a restaurant which I have yet to get to, but I hear the food is great there as well. This hotel is just off I-75 on 39th Avenue... a little further away from where you%26#39;d want to stay to be near Archer, FL, however, nothing in Gainesville is so far away that it would take you any more than about 45 minutes to reach the city of Archer.





The reason I suggested the first two hotels was because they are near I-75, easy to locate (take the Archer Road exit) and they are just off the street you would take to get to the city of Archer.





I don%26#39;t know how soon you%26#39;re leaving for G%26#39;ville, however, in case you haven%26#39;t been up this way in a while, I suggest leaving Kissimee either well before or well after rush hour in Orlando, if you plan to use the Turnpike to I-75. The interstate in and around Orlando gets VERY hectic at rush hour.





Drive carefully and enjoy your stay in our college town. :)



If I can remember, I will try and check back sooner than last time in case you have any last minute questions.





~G%26#39;ville Resident

No comments:

Post a Comment