Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hilton Grand Vacations

I am trying again after abject failure to get a response last time.





Has anyone stayed there recently.?



What sort of deal did you get?



Hilton Grand Vacations


I am staying here on my upcoming trip. It was an ok deal, I think. I booked through the Hilton website w/ netdirect rates. 8 nights in a suite for just a few dollars over a thousand. I do know- from other discussion boards that if you sit on a timeshare presentation, you will get so many days for free and the rest at a reduced rate. I think someone said they got to stay a week for about five hundred, which is a great deal.



Hilton Grand Vacations


Hola Vegas





Stayed at HGVC on International Drive in mid August for $850 for the week in a 1 bed apartment. Booked direct with Hilton on the pay in advance and be damned scheme. Also, under advisement, joined the honours club. Expedia were at least 拢200 more for the week.





Have you tried Redweek - it%26#39;s excellent?




libby - you%26#39;ve got the drop on me there.





Is red week like for our Russian Friends to buy timeshare with their oil rubles?




Vegas, Redweeks is a Timeshare rental-buyer-seller site. It is not really pertnant to what you asking. No I have not stayed there, but what it sounds like you are getting is the Timeshare Presentation special. Its the one that tells you come stay her for this price, and all you have to do is listen to a 90 minute info session on the advantages of buying a timeshare. I went to one 2 years ago and spent 3 hours there. This is usually the minumum you will have to spend at one. In the end, it was so fluffed up, it sounded like a good deal, and it was when I went to the reasle market and bought one at a fraction of the price. Most people I would not recommend this to. But you Vegas, by the time you got done with them, they would be begging you to leave the presentation.




I am intrigued now bssd. I have begged people to stay away from such presentation but it sounds like a battle of wills. I like the Hilton Organisation they have been brilliant and very accommodating to us in the recent past. I imagine their sales personnel would be a fine opponent for a couple of hours. Perhaps we could bet on how quick I can get out without an argument. I must look for these these deals but 7 days at a hundred a day does not sound like a gimeee




It is a battle of wills. I had mine with the fine folks at Marriott. My preffered hotel. They start with the sales person, and if they can';t hook you, they go see a manager type with the reasons they have wrote down of why you can';t or don';t want to buy. This is when it really gets insulting and hard selling as they will try to hurt your pride by telling you that you are a cheap b@#tard, and you don';t care about your families happyness, which only they can offer. And how you can trade your week anytime , any place in the World! (Yeah, try tradeing your week in july in Orlando for Aruba in Febuary!) And yes Vegas I will bet you that you are at least there for 2 hours, because there is know way you could not wait for that second person to come now!




Oh, by the way Vegas, Don';t know what time of year that is for, but a $100 a night for that place sounds like a gimme. Pretty sweet place from what I hear.




Hmmm



Bet you could sell tickets to see that presentation...Vegas vs the Hard Sell......Deal or No Deal.....




I would like to be a fly on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment