Monday, April 23, 2012

Daytona Beach

Hi,



We are a swedish family of 4 (2 kids 6 and 9 years) who will be visiting Daytona Beach in Nov -06. We are looking for an oceanfront condo to rent. Pool is required. Could anyone recommend any?



We have been to Florida approx 10 times, but never at Daytona Beach. Would like restaurants, shops etc in the vicinity.



Thankyou



Regards



Inger, Thomas, Alexandra, David



Daytona Beach


I would say your best bet would be Ocean Walk. It is in the center of a lot of activity, shops and restaurants. You need to be sure to get a unit that is ocean front. You can find units for rent by individual owners by going to www.vacationrentals.com or www.vrbo.com. There will be pictures of the units and you can contact the owner directly. I would suggest going this route, rent directly from the owner and not going through Fairfield. Just my opinion.





There are many other choices available from condos to condotels listed on those websites. All will have pools. Just make sure you look for oceanfront and not oceanview it that is what you want. You should be able to find something quite reasonable for November.





If you need any other help just ask.



Daytona Beach


Here%26#39;s a couple of units I found on vacationrentals.com there are many more. I like using this website because many listings have a calendar in which you can check the dates needed. I am in no way associated with that website or these units, I am just trying to give you an idea of what is available for November. I love helping people out when it comes to vacations in Daytona,so hope this helps you!





vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/16235.h鈥?/a>





vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/1336.ht鈥?/a>





There is a poster that has a unit there, maybe she will see this and respond too.





Renata, you out there anywhere? I saw your unit, it looks very very nice!!!!!




Hi again



Thankyou very much for your help.



Have had a look at Ocean Walk and read a few testimonials. They were quite negative. But that might not be the true picture. Aside from that I thought that the Ocean Walk might be a bit too big?!? Have seen other hotels. Do you or someone else know anything about Towers Grande Condo or Peck Building? Heard that there were restaurations made at Peck Building. Does anyone know if they are finished or if we could count on a lot of noice if staying there?.



Thanks again




I have stayed in a Dimucci property, not Towers Grande, but another one that has the same building and they are extremely nice properties. I am not sure about weekly rentals there though, if they advertise then go for it if it meets your budget.





I only suggested Ocean walk because it is central to everything, personally we prefer not being in that big of a property. But there is a lot to do in that area of the beach without moving the car.





Peck Plaza is an older property in a circular buidling. They were working on balconies this summer, so be sure to find out if it is finished. (another poster said they were) The pics I have seen on rentals there look very nice. There is a restaurant at the top of Peck. There is a great ice cream place across the street from Peck that is called Cow%26#39;s Lick.





Will you have a car? If so location should not be a problem because there are a lot of things to do and places to eat within just a short drive from either Peck or Towers Grande. If I had too choose between those two, I think I would go with the Towers just because it is newer. Keep asking questions if you want and I%26#39;ll do my best to help. We vacation for a month in the summer and I would suggest the condo we stayed in but it is a month minimum rental. Good luck!




Hi Inger,





I would recommend Ocean Walk purely because you are traveling with children and this location is a ';Resort'; it caters to travelers.



It has pools-movie theater- game room - restaurants close by and other shops within walking distance.





Peck Plaza and DiMucci (Oceans 1- thru 8 and Atriums) are condo buildings---where people live, but some folks rent their condos out...the places are not geared towards entertainment or travelers....



You ae traveling in November---you may need an indoor pool if the weather has a cold spell.





I just left Ocean Walk yesterday after a 6 night stay---I am there about 6 weeks/yr.



It is the only resort that my kids still talk about. We are currently planning our Spring Break there.



I would recommend Ocean Walk....you will not be disappointed!!





I think that there was a large party in July that posted a few bad reviews....my stay this past week was wonderful.





Renata




Renata,



I did not think that the Oceans/Atruim condos were Dimucci. They aren%26#39;t listed on the Dimucci website. Dimucci is Towers Grande, Towers 10, Towers of Ponce Inlet 1-6 and 7 and 8, they have a property in New Smryna too. All Dimucci properties are grey with green railings. We stayed in Towers of Ponce Inlet. dimucci.com




Ocean%26#39;s Condo%26#39;s Are Great! I stay at Ocean%26#39;s 1 it has a pool deck, with a lot of activites, and the beach is right there, Mini Putts, restaurants, shops, the mall and everything isn%26#39;t far!





Ocean Walk is good aswell.





Pibb,




Hey Sue,





You are probably right.



We looked thru a few of the Oceans Bldgs for condos when we were in our shopping phase, which lasted for years.



We looked at a few of the DiMucci properties as well, as I am from Chicago, I recognized the name from home.





As long as Inger stays on the beach...she really can%26#39;t go wrong.





Renata




Hey Sue,





You are probably right.



We looked thru a few of the Oceans Bldgs for condos when we were in our shopping phase, which lasted for years.



We looked at a few of the DiMucci properties as well, as I am from Chicago, I recognized the name from home.





As long as Inger stays on the beach...she really can%26#39;t go wrong.





Renata




Do you like reasonable family friendly places or more upscale 4-5 Star places?





Also, just interested....Where have you been in Florida? What were your favorite Florida vacation locations and which ones will you never go back to?

No comments:

Post a Comment