Thursday, April 19, 2012

Has anyone dealt with this villa rental company?

Marlyn Vacation Rental Homes



http://www.villa.us/







I%26#39;m considering a rental from them and am checking them out.





Thanks





Mel



Has anyone dealt with this villa rental company?


Hi, after reading through some posts here and speaking with others, I decided to go with renting from a private individual with a telephone number etc. He uses a management company as he isn%26#39;t in Orlando but the deal is with him. You might want to try that as I%26#39;ve seen some posts here and elsewhere about how the agencies don%26#39;t%26#39; guarantee a certain villa, etc. I just did a google search for villas with some other descriptive words and went from there. Hope this helps. Have agreat trip!



Has anyone dealt with this villa rental company?


I prefer to deal directly with the owner of the villa, rather than going through an agency. Almost all owners have a website. You can find one from greatrentals.com or villadirect.com- I%26#39;m sure there are others, but I have used these in the past.




Another vote for renting direct from owners. It might be my aging eyes but I couldn%26#39;t find anywhere that would tell me what I could expect to pay prices from just doesn%26#39;t do it for me.





I like to get to know the owner of the home I am staying in and now only use the one home since I found it as it suits my family requirements and having rented from agencies before I now know that at least the owner receives every cent or penny that I pay instead of someone else creaming off 10-15%



email my owner if you like and see if she can help





jannyans@hotmail.com




The owner only receives ';every penny'; from the rental if they are resident in the area and are able to look after their villa entirely on their own.





Villa owners living abroad - like we were - have to have a management company to see to the upkeep of their villa and therefore the owners have to pay for that service. Even if they (the owners) take the bookings themselves.




Smithy,





What kind of home does your owner have, and in what neighbourhood?





Thanks





Mel




it is a 5 bed 3 bath on Lake Davenport Estates just south of the 192 junction.





When I said the owner gets everypenny I meant that there is no third party taking a % before it gets to the owner




I emailed the company (the Marlyn Vacation Rental Homes). They are the owners, and manage it as well. So, I am leaning toward the house they are showing me. Unless I hear otherwise from someone who has had a bad experience!





Mel




Hi, Mel, there are posts from a couple of months ago with complaints that companies would send pictures of one house and then the house wouldn%26#39;t be available when the ';renters'; got to Orlando and they would be stuck with a different house. I guess dealing with a company that owns several houses (or so it sounds from their name) would worry me unless I had a really airtight contract that I was getting a specific house in a specific location. Just food for thought. Have a great time!




I am confused you say the person you e mailed said they owned and managed the home but one of the numbers listed is a UK number and so how does that work?The UK appears on all the listings and I suspect you will be dealing with a management company rather than an individual as it is rare for a management company to actually own rental homes as well as look after them for others as there is a conflict of interest I should think.Are you dealing with a Matin %26amp; Lyndsie by any chance who could be the MAR LYN in the compnay name in whcu case they are in the UK



Just an observation




Hi mel..... I am actually staying in the winsor palms villa at the moment, ( sending an email to my son, you won%26#39;t hear from me until after the 23rd july )





the company own this %26amp; a few other villas, they manage the rest, 2nd time we%26#39;ve used them, they are very good to deal with, villa is beautiful, pool, full size hot tub, games room ect, they are also resident in floria this past 2 years........ hope this helps you.





off to enjoy my holiday now, see you all later this month, Now where did I put those PINK BIN BAGS.........LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment