Saturday, April 21, 2012

Menu's for 12 year olds

I have the fussiest eater in the world. When i look at the menus of the sit down restaurants there is nothing my daughter would eat on the adult menu. However, she would eat off the childs menu. My other daughter who is 9 is a little more adventerous when it comes to food. Are they real sticklers when it comes to ordering for adults and children? Could the 4 of us sit down at a restaurant and only order for 3? I could get my fuss pot something quick either before we eat or after. I don%26#39;t want to have to forego any nice resraurants because my daughter won%26#39;t eat anything.



Menu's for 12 year olds


Hey White Rock,





Well, I sure hope they don%26#39;t have a problem with it because I plan on ordering one kids meal for both my kids to share. Otherwise, they both eat half and the rest ends up in the garbage. Such a waste of food and money! The portions are way too big for my girls, so they%26#39;ll split.





I would like to know if you may have a problem at a character meal. I booked Cinderella%26#39;s for dinner one night, and I know it%26#39;s going to be way too much food. I assumed they wouldn%26#39;t allow sharing of plates. Well, better pack a doggie bag for us...the meal%26#39;s costing $158 Cdn...that%26#39;s not going in the garbage!!





Mel



Menu's for 12 year olds


Hi Vancouver







What weather were having eh? Sure hope its this sunny in florida when we go.





I was thinking of booking one of the restaurants to watch Fantasmic at. I agree about the waste of money and food. My girls are like birds and would never eat their whole plate. Maybe I can say one of them is diabetic or has a medical condition and can%26#39;t eat a lot. ha, isn%26#39;t that awful. Maybe I%26#39;ll call and ask when I make the reservation, or just not make the reservation and talk to them when we get there.





Are you going to any other character or themed restaurants? Were definetly going to Rainforest Cafe, and probably the 50%26#39;s one, and one at SeaWorld.




As long as you%26#39;re not on the Dining Plan or going to a buffet,I can%26#39;t see why it would be a problem. You generally can%26#39;t order off the children%26#39;s menu for kids over 9 but your 9 year old could order the children%26#39;s meal and the older one could eat it. I can%26#39;t think of any restaurants at Disney that require a entree be ordered for every person.If you go to a buffet,of course you have to pay for everyone regardless of what they eat. But my husband and I usually share an entree and order an appetizer apiece and share dessert. We tip well but I don%26#39;t feel compelled to order a full dinner because the waiter thinks I should and neither should you.If we get a counter service meal,we get one and split it. The Dining Plan has different rules but if yu are paying for yur own meals,don%26#39;t be intimidated by waiters unless the restaurant clearly tells you everyone has to order an entree or has to spend a certain amount.




When we were there in August my 12 year old (who turned 13 while we were there) often ordered off the kids menus, in fact they often brought the kids menu for both my boys - even though the 14 yr old wasn%26#39;t interested (big and varied appetite!!). However, we weren%26#39;t eating on the Dining Plan which may have different rules.





I think what a previous poster said is true - if you%26#39;re eating in a buffet restaurant you will (and should) pay full price for a 12 year old. If you%26#39;re eating in a table service restaurant and order a kids meal and only get a kids portion there%26#39;s no reason why there should be any problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment